There are people all around me
I hear one of them saying-Poor Chap
Ambulance, doctors, Police… all of them crawling like insects
Why did you have to do this my friend?
What went so wrong?
Why do I see a blood stained bed sheet…Once where we sat with a cup of tea gossips and memories?
I clench my teeth I will not cry
For I know how difficult it must have been for you
To leave behind your priced possessions-A pen and a paper
Oh orphaned child why did you stray away
How did your strength lose hope?
Why didn’t my phone ring when you needed me?
I’m awakened by a tap on my shoulder
He asked me to give this to you
I smile at the little boy at the tea stall.
A letter… A pure white sheet as pure as his heart… Inked with words I didn’t want to read.
I read through his eyes the pain he went through that night
When he raised that blade in his hand
One slit and it’s all gone…all that he suffered in his 15 years of life span.
Coward many would call him , to do something so foolish…
Who would end their lives just like that? There always is a better option.
But I know how strong a person he’d been when every night he was beaten up.
A small boy of 8 who was given the news that his mother was killed for money
No education… there on the streets rotting there for the dogs to feast on his remains
Unlucky he would always say….but he loved to write…He always wanted to write
So god gave him a chance to write this one last letter that sums up his life he couldn’t bear anymore.
He was picked up from that street… a gentle hand… an old man who taught him how to love, write, sing read and moreover how to trust again.
Now that old man was gone… Leaving behind this boy of 13… all alone
He lived…for 5 years washing cars, serving the men at a bar, picked garbage bags… earned and lived.
He loved to write, I remember I met him outside the school I teach he would always tell me how one day he would become an established writer…
I miss him…But I know he had had enough. He was tired… I could see how his eyes kept searching for something… Through his eyes I see how difficult it would have been for him to cut himself down…
But I know his thirsty soul now has found what it was searching for….Love… True love… In god’s arms.

A VERY SAD POEM ANUSHREE. IT MAKES YOU THINK OF THE LESS FORTUNATE AS ALSO TO COUNT YOUR OWN BLESSINGS.
ReplyDeleteTHERE ARE SO MANY LIKE HIM IN THIS WORLD. EVERY DAY IS A STRUGGLE AND EVERY MOMENT A BATTLE TO BE FOUGHT AND WON. REMEMBER THOSE PRESS WALLAS SMALL CHILDREN ? SO HAPPY TO BE PLAYING IN THE HOT SUN WITH BITS OF STONES AND STICKS AND TORN CARDBOARD SHEETS THE WHOLE DAY LONG. THEY HAVE NO TOYS OR PROPER CLOTHES BUT STILL MAKE THE BEST USE OF THE STONES AND STICKS AND PLASTIC BOTTLES LYING AROUND..........
ANUSHREE NEVER EVER LOSE THAT COMPASSION YOU HAVE IN YOU FOR THE LESS FORTUNATE AND HELP AS MANY AS YOU CAN AND WHENEVER YOU CAN IN WHATEVER WAY YOU CAN................... LOVE YOU.
Done done pa :)
Delete